We went to South Haven, Michigan. It's right on the lake, and very pretty. We stayed at a beautiful Bed & Breakfast called the Victoria Resort, which was built in the early 1900's, and maintains much of that old Victorian charm, and mostly original structures. There are lots of little cottages and pretty landscaping, with fire pits, tennis courts, a pool, and screened porches to relax. We had one of the larger rooms in the main building, with a whirlpool bath, king sized bed, a fireplace, and a small sitting area.

Eric's mom sent us a welcome basket with fruits and flowers, yummy local treats, and gift certificates to some rather tasty restaurants. I really enjoyed our relaxed dinner at the Thirsty Perch where I had an awesome salmon dinner and delicious $2 margaritas!!! (It was Margarita Monday). We also ate at a nice Italian bistro where I had some penne pasta with mushrooms that was sooooo good.
It was close to the local Blueberry festival, so we were surrounded by blueberry this and blueberry that, which was great since I love them! I brought back some blueberry coffee that actually tasted good, and I could see how something like that would taste a little weird, but it was delicious.


We walked the shore, went to the beach (we only had to walk down the street to a little beach access path to a rather empty semi-private shore), drove in the country on the hunt for local wineries, and just overall relaxed and had a great time. I'd love to come back. Eric did a great job finding this place and I'm just so happy! I love him :D

EDIT: I've received some lovely birthday wishes, and I thank you very much. But I must warn you, my birthday was on June 30. This was a gift that came late because of schedules, etc. :D Thanks a lot all the same!


3 comments:
Aww the two of you look so happy and adorable!!
What a way to celebrate a birthday (Happy belated)
=)
Awwwww...You guys look so happy.
Tell Eric that he did good.
Oh, that is so sweet! :) Happy birthday.
Post a Comment